NOAA’s products and services range from daily weather forecasts, severe storm warnings, and climate monitoring to fisheries management, coastal restoration and support of marine commerce. Visit Us!
National Estuarine Research Reserves
NOAA’s National Estuarine Research Reserve System includes 28 locations around the United States that combined protect 1.3 million acres. Estuaries are home to unique plant and animal communities that have adapted to brackish water—a mixture of fresh water draining from the land and salty seawater. Reserves and the surrounding areas are renowned for outstanding birding opportunities.
National Marine Sanctuaries
NOAA’s National Marine Sanctuary System is a network of 14 underwater parks with more than 170,000 square miles of marine and Great Lakes waters from Washington State to the Florida Keys, and from Lake Huron to American Samoa. Sanctuaries provide an idyllic setting for a variety of recreational activities, from diving, fishing, surfing, swimming and kayaking to tidepooling, whale watching and wildlife viewing.
Recreation in National Marine Sanctuaries
- American Samoa Festival of Sites
- Recreational Fishing in National Marine Sanctuaries
- Best Places to See Aquatic Life
- Dive Into Your Sanctuaries
- Ocean Recreation in National Marine Sanctuaries
- National Marine Sanctuaries Visitor Centers
- Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary
- National Marine Sanctuary of American Samoa
- Stellwagen Bank national Marine Sanctuary
- Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- West Coast National Marine Sanctuaries Travel Brochure
- Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary